Saturday, March 5, 2011

If spironolactone is used to treat hair loss then why did my doctor prescribe it to me?

I have increased levels of testosterone and growth of facial hair (as on the sides, nothing compared to a man to grow a beard), but the hair is clearly a woman should have. If spironolactone is used to treat hair loss, because my doctor has prescribed to help stop hair growth at the time.? Yes, I know my doctor, but clearly can not be called at midnight to my doctor and spironolactone is a potassium-sparing diuretic used to treat hirsutism, but no hair loss. The doctor does not seem to do a good job they do things backwards. In the current test is a testosterone against argish reduces unwanted facial hair, even if spironolactone is used to prevent testosterone acting on its receptors, found in some parts of our body. Therefore, it is an antagonist of testosterone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment